Thursday, January 05, 2012

Same Bat time, same bat channel

So...I just went back to read about when I gave up on breastfeeding Ryan (or when I started to think it was an issue). Funny enough, it was almost exactly two weeks. Which is when Max started to freak out on a daily basis. Must be the two week growth spurt that I just need to get through OR they just wake up at two weeks and it's hard to manage them. The real difference is that Max is actually better at nursing than Ryan ever was and is more low key, so therefore, he sleeps overnight and actually sleeps during the day. But, same issues: gas, random screaming, pulling off while nursing, etc. etc. etc. The difference is that I'm willing to kick a little ass. (name that movie...) Actually, the difference is that I'm willing to put up with it a bit more. With Ryan, I couldn't even really be alone with him for very long. With Max, it's fine. I just need to get through it. I'm hoping that by next week, we might be through whatever we are going through and things will be better. If not, I'm kind of at a loss. I'm not going to switch to formula because I don't think that's the big answer this time. I think that I'm overproducing and I just need to work around that. I did pump off about a 1/4 of an oz. before feeding him overnight and that seemed to work better so I think that might be the answer -- but, again, he's nursing for comfort, which is putting more foremilk into his tummy and that's not helping at all. that's not to say that I'm not getting extremely frustrated by 8pm every night this week. This is compounded by the fact that I'm probably heading for Zoloft town eventually. I can feel the weird, random thoughts of anger starting already. Actually, those didn't really go away while I was pregnant -- I just dealt with it, frankly. I think that's why I had such a hard time being pregnant this time. But, I dealt with it, because I was having a girl and I could be done. And then I had Max. And now: I should probably go back to my GP again and discuss because I have a whole ton of feelings that are bad about most of this. Okay, he was crying and now he's sleeping. He's been up for a quite a while, so he needs to sleep. I'm thinking that he'll wake up about 2 to eat one more time and then sleep until 5ish. That seems to be our pattern this week. And you know -- I don't really care if he's up and down during the day as long as he can get some good sleep at night for me. Like, for instance, last night -- he was kind of crazy with eating and screamies all evening and Jake and I took turns with him -- but by 10pm, he finally ate good and then slept until 2:30 am. Then, he ate really quick and was back to sleep by 3 am until 5:30. Then, was back down by 6am, and was sort of up for a bit but then we both got to sleep until 8:30. I prefer that to like the day before -- it was asleep by 11, up at 1:30, 4:30 and 6. It's a process. Like I have said, I like them better as toddlers than babies. haha. Actually, that's not totally true -- I like babies too. Just not newborns.

No comments: