Saturday, January 21, 2012

1 Month!

And the first month has FLOWN by. Wow. I am SO looking forward to this next month -- the fussiness should start to die down (and granted: it's not been as bad as Ryan, but still...yikes) and we will start to get smiles and such. Definitely looking forward to real smiles, because he has the BEST smile -- I've seen it while he's been sleeping. Two dimples on this one. And those chubby little cheeks! :) However, the fussy has been just yuck to deal with, because he's such a quiet baby otherwise -- makes the fussy seem that much worse somehow. He gets so much extra gas from being fussy and the cycle just continues. I have discovered in the past couple of days that being up for an hour is about his limit before he starts to lose his shit. Two hours -- forget about it. Done-zo. Went through that last night -- SCREAMING at me for a couple of hours. Then -- falls asleep for the night, pretty much. Of course, by 5am, he's got gas from screaming the night before and he is SOOOOO noisy. Much louder than Ryan boy was. He's growing like a weed though -- his next appt is on Monday and I am fully expecting him to weigh 10 lbs. Not sure on the inches, but I'm thinking close to 21 or 21.5. He has grown a TON! He's huge to us, but still "tiny" to everyone else, I'm sure. haha Ryan started to potty train this week. It is going pretty well at daycare and ok at home -- but, he is having troubles with #2 now, and that is sort of derailing things at home here. We might have to do a suppository tomorrow, just to get him on track again, which I feel terrible about. Poor kid. But, it is going pretty well, so we just need to keep going. It's hard with a baby -- it's just CONSTANT thinking. But, we are tired of both fighting him to be changed AND washing a million diapers. So, we forge ahead. I was planning on starting to work out again today, but I don't have the energy today. Hopefully, tomorrow I can start. I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight and now I would like to try to get down under 200. That's probably the goal for the rest of the year, considering that is a 20 pound goal. I haven't decided if I am going to try Weight Watchers again or not. Will have to think about it. Am definitely going to start the Shred with Weights very soon. That should kill 5 pounds easy. I also found a detox that I should try, but I'm not sure how safe it is when breastfeeding, so I will probably try and wait on that. I definitely hope that by the end of 2012, I will be under 200. That is the goal for sure. Finally, I'm saying it out loud -- I don't know when, but we will probably try and do this again -- just to try for the girl. It's a long way off from now, that is certain. We have debt to pay off, a car to pay off and a new house to save for. I'm thinking that's probably a good 3 year process to get to a point where we can comfortably start trying for #3. So, probably 2015? I'll be 36 that year, and that's not a terrible age to end with -- I know people who had their first well after that age. I just want to be fairly debt free AND have money to buy a house to hold everyone comfortably. Right now -- not so much. We have to clean out the house and move the whole works around just to make it comfy for everyone. If you check my Pintrest, you can see me trying to figure out the best config for moving the boys upstairs and ourselves downstairs. And when that happens: LOVE! I can't wait to have my main floor back! I don't know why we didn't do that in the first place with Ryan, but oh well. Lesson learned! It's been a good first month -- let's keep it rolling!

No comments: