Tuesday, March 13, 2012

12 weeks

One week to go before we hit the blessed 3 month mark.   I am hoping that the screaming magically stops, but I doubt it.   haha;  and that's ok, because I'm much better at dealing with it than I was with Ryan.   And that's good, because I believe that Max is fussier than Ryan, so if we dealt with it like we did with Ryan, I would be DEEP in the hurt locker.   I definitely would be getting less sleep than I do.

Max, for the most part, sleeps through the night now.  Has since 9 1/2 weeks or so, which is wonderful!   Made going back to work so much easier.   And he goes to bed around 6pm, even with the time change, so the evenings are fairly free for Ryan, which is nice.   I just wish Ryan wasn't being such a three year old.   It's true -- the terrible twos have become the terrible threes.   Ryan was lovely as a two year old -- as we inch closer to 3 (IN TWO MONTHS!), his behavior is getting much more naughty.   How long do I get to say that he's just acting out because of his brother?   It's true, but I don't think that excuse flies forever.

Max is also a beast.  He's just BIG.  Not fat, just big.  Must be genes from my mother's side of the fam -- she says that she sees her dad when she looks at Max, which just goes to show you how funny genetics are.   And that my genes TOTALLY dominate Jake's -- except for the gender dept.   He's clearly kicking my butt there.   Or not -- I was the last girl born on my side of the family, which was 32.5 years old now.   And before than, my aunt, who is about 32 years old than me.   But, I digress.  

So: Max = big boy.  He was still in the 95% for height and 75% for weight at two months.   We'll see where he is at 4 months.  I had to bust out the 6 month clothes.   He can still fit the three month stuff for the most part, but I have no pants for Mr. Max really.   I have 4 pairs of hand-me-downs from Jameson and Will, but for some reason, I hardly have any pants from Ryan -- which is weird, b/c he was 6 month size in the winter, so you'd think that I would have some.  Another aside:   As hard as I try, I cannot call Jameson a nickname. Jimmity Jam is usually what comes out of my mouth, but Jamie will not.  Maybe I just need to pretend it's Mythbusters.   haha;  But, I am constantly going through clothes.   I think that I even have some 12 month stuff in a bin under Max's crib for when the time comes.   Easier than going to the basement.

In other news, work is fine.  Same old, same old.   I didn't get the tech lead job that I was hoping to get, but sounds like it will be open again in a couple of years, so I can try then.   Or I can move on.   In the interim, I've finally decided to finish my two year degree in accounting once and for all.   Since my overall plan is to get things around here paid down and/or paid off in the next few years.   If/When we do try one more time for a girl, Max will be at least three, if not four.   I only want to pay for one in daycare at a time -- two sucks.   I hate having to write out $250 checks every week -- and that's CHEAP!  

I'll leave you with this awesome picture of the boys:


No comments: